Mathura. Parkhi Agarwal
Just after the next day of meeting with CMs of different states through video conferencing PM Modi addressed the nation again on 12th May at 8 pm. The 33 minutes long speech by PM Modi was focused on to revive the economy in the present COVID 19 situation.
The major highlight was announcement of 20 lakh crore economic package. This package will be aiding the lower middle class, middle class, industrial sector with the benefits to MSMEs. Details of the package will be shared by Finance Minister in coming days.
The emphasis was on becoming ‘vocal for local’ and rising up as a independent economy. Through the speech he also encouraged local manufacturers, vendors and business class to produce within the boundaries of the region. He inspired people to become ‘vocal for local’ products.
Some of the facts shared by PM Modi on COVID 19 were:
• The first day when virus hit India there was no production of PPE kit and N-95 mask. Now, 2 lakhs PPE kits and N-95 masks are manufactured on daily basis.
• Before Lockdown we did not have enough resources but now we can fight the current situation.
Details of 20 lakh core economic package will be shared by Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman today at 4 pm. The package will be focused on boosting up the efficiency and quality of products in every sector especially including lower class, middle class, MSMEs, farming and industrial sectors.
Finally, the information related to lockdown 4.0 will be given to the nation before 17th of May. The fourth phase will definitely be there with newly designed rules and regulations in all zones.
• Lockdown 4.0 can be more relaxed and directed towards moving the economy forward along with following two-yard physical distancing and wearing mask.
• There might be relaxation for the local vendors shops, markets and business (private and public) to function while adhering to strict rules.
• People will be encouraged to be ‘Aatm Nirbhar’ and become ‘vocal for local’ as per the government’s ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’.
• Fourth phase will strengthen the 5 pillars by utilising the economic package:
• School, colleges and other educational institutes may remain closed.